Our Outreach Programs
SACSPA outreach offerings have included many programs during the past 15 years. In 2020 we began a weekly zoom performance group to stay connected during the pandemic lockdown. It turned out to be such a great point of connection we have maintained it as a weekly class. A few of our services have a 90% ratio of underserved, abused or victimized youth and the elderly. Several are highlighted below:
- 2007-2008 The Department of Recreation and Parks provided all 9 locations of summer camp instruction for vocals and dance production and performances.
- 2009-2020 The Players Championship Boys & Girls Club of Northeast Florida Kings Street Unit After-School Performing Arts Programs providing instruments, music, instruction and transportation for performances. Programs included piano, guitar, recorder, choir, healthy snacks with in house performances, auditions with public performances for the Jacksonville Jaguars, Holiday special shows at various local churches and venues along with Trolley caroling and festival performances.
- 2014-2020 St. Augustine Youth Services (SAYS) providing in house pianos, guitars and Christmas gift instruments as well as private instrumental instruction with movement and singing opportunities. Various weekly classes during the year and summer programs. Additionally, holiday fun with musical experiences during the holidays.
- 2014-2019 Kids Bridge providing a piano and opportunity for singing and support.
- 2009-2020 Coquina Crossing Chorale providing music, director support and outreach performances as well as producing two large shows every Christmas and Spring in addition to yearly veterans production for COA.
Saint Augustine Youth Services (SAYS)
St. Augustine Youth Services (SAYS) outreach programs vary from summer camp scholarships to vocal and instrument group and private lessons. Students are offered weekly performing arts instruction, instrumental donations, sheet music, tuning and repairs with performance opportunity. SACSPA works with the students to help with crisis by creating coping skills through performing arts.
St. Augustine Youth Services (SAYS) shapes the future of Florida’s at-risk youth by providing coaching, counseling and care in family style therapeutic group homes and outpatient community services.
Coquina Crossing Chorale
Coquina Crossing Chorale is sponsored by SACSPA providing music and a director to the retired community. The Chorale produces an annual Christmas production the 1st Saturday of each December and a Spring Show every April. The Coquina Crossing Chorale performs yearly in Hasting, Florida in support of local Veteran's program with the Council of Aging. The Chorale also performs at local churches partnering with children's outreach as we merge the elderly and the youth in our programs.